How to Grocery Shop Without Busting Your Budget
February 23, 2016 | klein
No matter how prepared you are when you enter the grocery store, it’s easy to become overwhelmed and blow your budget with a few common mistakes. From overdoing it in the snack section to forgetting your meal plan, just about everyone gets overwhelmed at the supermarket. Here are a few smart ways to stay on budget.
- Don’t think about the cart size. If you glance into your cart and think that it looks a bit empty, don’t worry about it. Oversized carts make your grocery purchases look like nothing, so try not to think in terms of load size.
- Make a steadfast list. It may seem obvious, but making a list (and sticking to it) is one of the best ways to save money at the grocery store. It also helps to plan your meals to avoid purchasing food that you don’t have time to eat.
- Scrimp on the snacks. Sure, everyone likes to have a few snacks on hand, but don’t go crazy with these non-essentials.
- Avoid the sales. Two-for-one sales that require you to buy more than what you normally would don’t actually save you any money unless it’s on a product that you use every day. Avoid these types of sales to prevent yourself from buying things you don’t need.
- Purchase less packaging. By buying individual, fresh items instead of pre-packaged items, you’ll often save money that comes with name brand products.
8 Sneaky Supermarket Tricks You Need to Know [Money Magpie]
Grocery Store Traps to Avoid [Babble]
7 Sneaky Supermarket Spending Tricks You Should Avoid [All Women’s Talk]